Your First Visit to an Eastbourne Chiropractor
At Lushington Chiropractic we are passionate about helping the people we see. It’s that simple really.
Your consultation will start with your chiropractor asking questions about your main complaint. They’ll also review your general health, any previous injuries, accidents, trapped nerves, broken bones, slipped discs etc that you’ve had.
Then we go on to your examination. The chiropractor will leave the room to let you get changed. At Lushington, you’ll keep your underwear on and you’ll have a gown to cover you up. Some people are nervous about getting undressed and at our clinic we understand that. If you have any worries, or have a cultural or religious concern about getting undressed then speak to your chiropractor. They’ll do everything they can to help. Remember we have a large team and you can ask for a male or female chiropractor.
As part of your chiropractic assessment, your chiropractor will review your posture, functional movement patterns, range of motion and they’ll feel the muscles or joints that might be affecting your condition too. The chiropractor’s usually go on to do a neurological assessment too, testing to see if you have any trapped or irritated nerves. They’ll check certain muscle’s strength (your myotomes), they’ll test your reflexes and your sensory nerves as well, so that they have a complete picture of your overall health and the presenting problem you’ve come in with.
Your first visit will take about 45 minutes to an hour. If you want treatment as part of that first visit, then just let your chiropractor know at the start of the consultation and they’ll be pleased to get started if they can.
95% of our patient report very good to excellent satisfaction with their chiropractic treatment
Lushington Chiropractic’s Patient Charter
We appreciate that the professional relationship between a chiropractor and a patient depends upon confidence and trust. We take our responsibilities as your chiropractor very seriously nad we fully appreciate the trust you put in us.
We’ve developed this Patient Charter to set the standards our patients and guests, can expect from our Clinic and Team. We’re are honoured you’ve chosen us to help, and by the frequent kind words and recommendations from our patients. Nonetheless, we are not content to rest. We continual strive for improvement and growth in the pursuit of our goal of delivering the highest standards of chiropractic and customer care.
If there are any improvements you can suggest or if you are not happy with anything, please tell us. We need your continued guidance to help fulfil our aim of excellence in service.
If you have any suggestions or complaints, then please help us by telling your practitioner, chiropractor or the Clinic Director James Revell, as soon as possible.
At Lushington Chiropractic We Put Our Patients’ First
Your chiropractor will always put your need and well-being first whilst we work to promote your health and welfare at all times.
Your chiropractor will:-
- Be compassionate and care for you by listening to you, acknowledging your views and decisions about any chiropractic or general health care recommendations we might have for you. We never put any pressure on you to accept our advice.
- Prioritise your health and welfare at all times when carrying out assessments, making referrals or providing your chiropractic care.
- Respect your right to a second opinion.
- Treat you in a hygienic and safe environment.
- Safeguard the safety and welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
- Respect you, treating you fairly, without discrimination and recognising diversity and individual choice.
At Lushington Chiropractic We Believe in Honesty, Integrity and Maintaining the Highest Standards of Professional and Personal Behaviour
Your chiropractor will always act with integrity and honesty, upholding high standards of professional conduct and personal behaviour.
Lushington Chiropractic will:-
- Keep all information about our chiropractic patients secure and avoid improper disclosure of their personal information.
- Ensure the safe storage of our chiropractic healthcare records so that they remain in good condition and are kept secure. Your notes will be kept safe and secure even after you stop treatment. That way we will have them ready for you whenever you need us in the future
- Require our clinic assistants, chiropractors, massage therapists and other practitioners to work to the relevant policies and procedures we have in place to protect and safeguard our patients, and to uphold the standards expected at this clinic as a centre of excellence.
- Ensure any chiropractors who work with us are properly qualified, registered and insured.
Your chiropractor will:-
- Protect patients and colleagues from harm.
- Use only honest, legal and verifiable information when publicising ourselves as chiropractors, complying with all standards and advertising codes.
- Strictly maintain patient confidentiality when communicating publicly or privately.
- Ensure our behaviour is professional at all times, including outside the workplace, thus upholding and protecting the reputation of, and confidence in, the chiropractic profession and justifying your trust in us.
- Your chiropractor will never put you under any pressure to commit to chiropractic or other treatment.
We’re Committed to Working to the Highest Standards of Clinical Care
Your chiropractor will deliver the highest standards of safe and effective chiropractic care to each patient.
Your chiropractor will:-
- Obtain and document your chiropractic and health history.
- When carrying out a physical examination your chiropractor will give due regard to your health and your dignity. We will document the results of your examination in your chiropractic records and fully explain these to you as a report of findings.
- Use the results of our clinical and chiropractic assessment to reach a working diagnosis or rationale for your chiropractic or care. If chiropractic is not the appropriate type of treatment for you, we’ll tell you and make appropriate recommendations.
- keep you fully informed and document our findings and clinical, chiropractic care plans.
- develop, apply and document a care plan for you and with your full agreement. We will check the effectiveness of your chiropractic care and keep it under review.
Where appropriate your chiropractor will work to Royal College of Chiropractic’s Gold Standards for Quality Care.
Your chiropractor will stop your chiropractic care, or aspects of that care, if you request it, or if in our professional judgement, the care will not be effective. We will refer you to another healthcare professional where it is in your best interests.
Your chiropractor will ensure the keep their knowledge and skills are up to date. At Lushington Chiropractic all of the chiropractors and massage therapists who practice here take part in relevant and regular learning and professional development activities. They’ll select their ongoing learning activities are to continually develop their competence, skill, clinical performance and quality of care. They are also directed to keep up-to-date with legislation, guidelines and developments in their profession.
Your chiropractor will ensure that investigations, (like x-rays) if undertaken, are in your best interests and we will minimise any risk to you. We will obtain your consent to all investigations. We will record the rationale for, and outcomes of, all investigations. We will adhere to all chiropractic and other regulatory standards applicable to any investigation we perform.
Your chiropractor will ensure all chiropractic equipment used in our practice is safe and meets all relevant chiropractic regulatory standards.
Communication Between Chiropractor and Patient the Foundation of our Working Relationship
We know that the relationship between a chiropractor and a patient is built on trust, confidence and honesty.
Lushington chiropractic will:-
- We will listen, be polite and considerate at all times with you including if you ever have a complaint.
- We will make every effort to communicate effectively with our chiropractic patients in order to establish and maintain a professional relationship.
Your chiropractor will:-
- encourage you to take an informed and active role in your care.
- explore care options with you, discussing the risks and benefits so that you can make an informed decision. We encourage questions and will answer them fully and honestly.
- take into account your communication needs and preferences.
When needed your chiropractor will communicate with your GP and other healthcare providers, if we have your consent, to create help create an integrated approach to your healthcare.
Our Money-Back Guarantee
If any part of your experience with us has not met with your full satisfaction then we have a money-back satisfaction guarantee in place for up to two weeks’ worth of care. However, more importantly we want to hear form you.
Complaints & Suggestions
At Lushington Chiropractic we’re constantly strive to improve what we do. We’ve always aimed to deliver the highest standards of clinical chiropractic and customer care, with excellent facilities and highly competitive fees offering excellent value for money.
We welcome feedback and genuinely want to engage with you if any part of your experience with us has not lived up to your expectations. If there are any improvements you can suggest or if you are not happy with anything, then we want you to tell us.
We understand that sometimes difficulties may arise between chiropractor and patient. Whatever the problem, we will want to know and we will want do something about it.
If you have any suggestions or concerns then you can talk or write to your chiropractor directly. In addition to this, or if you can’t resolve the matter to your fullest satisfaction then please contact the Clinic Director James Revell DC,LRCC,MSc(Chiro),BSc(Chiro),BSc(Biol) directly.
You can contact the Clinic Director by calling the calling or writing to him at the clinic. You can be assured he will do his best to respond to your comments quickly and fairly.